View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 20:51
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

By the way, you can eliminate a lot of sugar carbs if you get liquid sucralose (link in the low carb products sectin of the board). I am thinking about buying a bottle for 30 bucks, sounds expensive but it is so concentrated it is actually a savings over the higher carb granulated stuff.

Here are some recipes I made that were yummy:

Cranberry Orange & Walnut bread (modification of the banana nut bread recipe):
1/2 stick butter
4 oz sour cream
2 eggs
Sweetner equivilant to 1 cup real sugar
1/4 tsp unsweetened orange coolaid
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1 tablespoon smuckers no sugar orange jam
1 cup of low carb flour (you may use a blend of different flours, me personally I used simple almond meal and it worked out great)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 12 ounce bag of fresh canberries

Cream butter till soft and fluffy, add wet ingredients one at a time till blended. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl then add to wet mixture. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Pour mixture into greased bred tin or pan.
Total calories of the recipe is 1500, total carbs of this recipe is about 65 if you use granular splenda, or only 41 if you use liquid sweetner.
Cut into 8 slices for a serving that is 190 cals and 8.1 carbs (or 5.1 minus the splenda)

--------------------
Pumpkin cheesecake (recipe repost):
Crust:
1 Cup nut meal (i used almond flour)
1/4 Cup melted butter
1 tbsp Splenda (or sweetner equivilant to 1 tbsp sugar)
mix up the crust and spred it in a 9 inch springform pan
Filling:
mix together...
2 packages (8 oz) softened cream cheese
2 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
sweetner equivilant to 1/2 cup sugar
1 small can (15 oz) pumpkin (unflavored/unseasoned/unsweetened)
2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
mix everything well, scrape sides a few times. fill into the crust and bake for 50 mins at 350 degress, until the center is almost set. cool and refrigerate for 3 hours.

Entire recipe is 3108 cals and 65 carbs (or 57 carbs w/o granular splenda). Slice into 16 small slices for a serving that is 194 cals and 4 carbs (or 3.7 carbs w/o splenda).
-------------------------------
Brownies (this is a recipe i modified from the back of a bakers unsweetened chocolate box):
4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup butter
sweetner substitute for 2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour substitute (i use almond meal)
1 cup chopped nuts of choice (i use walnuts)

preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass baking dish). line 13x9 inch baking pan with foil extending over edges to form handles. grease foil.

microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. stir until chocolate is melted.
stir sugar substitute into mixture until well blended. mix in eggs and vanilla. stir in flour and nuts until well blended. spread in prepared pan.

bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs, do not over bake.

this whole recipe is about 3690 calories, and 83.25 carbs if splenda was used. If filler-less sweetner was used the recipe is actually only 3500 calories and 35.25 carbs. I recommend cutting it into 24 squares, with each serving being 154 calories and 3.5 carbs (or only 1.5 carbs per square w/o the splenda)