View Single Post
  #692   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 15:38
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

no, simply attempting to answer posts in chronological order. got diverted yesterday. if the brain ran as well on ketones, then glucose would not be its PREFERENTIAL fuel. the simple fact that you will not admit, because it kills your whole diet theory - textbooks all tell you that the brain runs on glucose. none of them talk about it running on ketones - pretty obvious conclusion.

who wants to prove that the brain runs on ketones ? the low-carb people. there is nothing to be gained financially from a study that supports what every physiology textbook supports. there is everything to be gained financially by the low-carbers, if they can prove that the brain runs as well on ketones. pretty much a no-brainer why there might be a lot more studies claiming to be on your side.

like i have said many times before, any topic that has financial implications, funny how there are so many studies on it. and when there is no financial gain involved, funny how there are little studies involved. CONCLUSION - the very fact that there are studies at all, are because there are finanical reasons. this is a part of life that you have not learned yet, or are willing to put blinders on, when it supports something that you are already gonna believe, one way or the other. but this is just human nature.

i trust text books, for the most part. i do not trust studies, for the most part. you show me a textbook that claims that the brain runs equally well on ketones - i did not say better - i would settle for equal. it ain't gonna happen. most of our bodies can run on fat, but not the brain, and the brain uses up a large percentage of the overall energy consumption. the overwhelming burden of proof is on you - and i am not talking about low-carb studies, which you seem to accept as gospel truth.