View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 14:38

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%

I hate to be ornery (actually, I'm rather fond of it . . . ) but I prefer to stay away from the scales altogheter. I don't think there is really any such thing as a half or tenth of a pound loss. Our weights go up and down day after day, and what one weighs can depend on what one has eated, level of dehydration, etc.

Also,l being stuck on regular weighing can cause heartache and stress, and may not contribute to the success of your WOE. I try not to be hung up on my weight, and only weigh myself once every two or three weeks. When I do weigh myself it is always about the same time of day, the same day of the week, and the same scale (at the gym). I try to keep the conditions of each weighing as consistant as possible, and if the scale is off it will be off by as much this weeks as it was two weeks again when last I weighed myself.

Fran McCullough has a good bit on the perils of weighing oneself regularly in her book =Low Carb Living=, a very good book that you way want to check out. It has some good basic tips for LC living, compares the plans, and offers some recipes.

Cheers, Robert