View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 13:00

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Rosebud is right, the blood type theory is hogwash. My Dad and I were/are the only A's in the family and the only negative blood type. Don't think the diet looks at +/- in terms of diet but I didn't spend much time on it since it seemed so off base for me.

A's are supposed to be vegetarians. I'm not big on meats but Dad lived for them. Dad was as far from being a vegetarian (recommended diet for type A) as possible. Pure meat and potatoes type. He died after a hospital screw up but was doing fine until then. (He was a Type II diabetic but he lived on shoe fly pies and sticky buns. No surpise there.) D'Adamo also labels Type A's with personalities "...poorly suited for the intense, high-pressured leadership positions at which Type O's excel stating that, in pressure situations, people with Type A blood "tend to unravel" and "become anxious and paranoid, taking everything personally. Gee, I guess Dad shouldn't have graduated HS at 16, joined the army, worked his way through college, gotten married, graduate with already with a family to support and eventually end up as President of his own company. He was really a wuss and didn't know it! Only a type O could do what he did. He never unraveled once in his life. He was a take charge guy. I am the most like him in the family. Cetainly not the shy, retiring type. I've been a consultant for years and thrive on putting out fires. I'm ADD (didn't get that from Dad) and it works to my advantage in my field. I'm happiest at work when the s.... hits the fan. I'm anxious when there is nothing happening. Hmm, I do like fried tofu. Maybe D'Adamo is right

Did it say anywhere in the book that type A's can ramble on and on? I'd like to be able to blame that trait on something other than myself. Dad never rambled though, so there goes that excuse.