View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 08:04

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Ok, so yes, I need to "spill" last night's escapades somewhere, b/c sleep certainly isn't an option right now. Yesterday was an amazing day. We went and chopped down a tree and came back and decorated it all pretty and then he took me back home to get dressed up a little nicer. He ended up taking me to House of Japan for dinner, which is my most favorite restaurant in the whole world, which I had mentioned a long time ago at lunch at school how disappointed I was on my birthday b/c my family wouldn't take me there. No one I know likes going there, so I wasn't going to force them, even though it was my birthday. So he took me yesterday, which was very sweet. Afterwards the plan was to go to the zoo and walk around and see the lights and go ice skating, but we never made it there. Dinner took soooooo long, and was too interesting. We got there at 6:50 and they didn't seat us till 8:40. We were there till 10 pm! They sat us at this table with this group of 6, 3 girls/3 guys very near our age. They had been drinking quite considerably and were quite "friendly." Anyway, so as soon as we sit down, this girl who is next to us sitting next to her husband blurts out, "So how long have you been married?" I immediately get totally uncomfortable and say that we aren't. So then they act all apologetic and say, "Ohhhhh, we're sorry, is this your first date?" to which I didn't know how to reply either. I think my DBF said no at this point, so then they felt the need to pry further and asked how long we've been dating, which of course, we HAVE NOT talked about. I didn't know how to reply, but he said a couple of weeks. Then they have to go on to say how we look alike, and how that means we are destined to be together or something like that. Then they make some comment about the way we were interacting and how you could tell that we liked each other a lot, and how it used to be like that for them when they first started dating. HELLO!!!!!! What on earth was going on? It was actually very amusing, but also very strange as well. So dinner made for some very interesting later night conversation while enjoying the Christmas tree. I am not going to go all into it here, but the gist is this.....we finally talked about where we stand and we are definitely dating and we both seem completely perplexed at the fact that we have only been hanging out for a month b/c it seems like so much longer, and how strange that the time seems to slip away from us when we are together, and how unusual it is that we connect as well as we do. So, ahhhh, things are very good right now. I am so high on life right now it doesn't even feel real anymore. Who knew that it was possible to feel this way??

Grady-I have thought a little about the whole Xmas gift thing and right now decided to just not think about it I did give him a card on Wednesday b/c I had completed them, and I didn't want to overdo it, so I just signed it with a little harmless heart and my name. The way things are going, though, I may be coming here for advice on what to get him. Hopefully it's something we discuss beforehand so that I am not trying to decide if I'll be the only one giving a gift, you know? Then there's also the issue of how to spend Xmas. Well, it's not an issue, more like something I am thinking about. We haven't been dating that long, so it almost seems inappropriate to be meeting each other's families at this point, but it would also be cool to see him near that time, especially since a lot of our relationship has been centered around Xmas (him helping me put up my lights, getting and decorating his tree, going to church last Sunday and today for Advent). So I suppose there may be some bigger sort of meetings going on, at least as a possibility. If they don't happen, it won't be a bad thing. I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities

How is the Bowflex?

Robin-What area are you getting your Ph.D. in? That sounds like TONS of work. Sounds like your Xmas party will have several viable options. Hope you have fun!

Patchlady-Here's to new starts today!

Hello to everyone else!!!!!