View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 17:06

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi! I'm not diabetic, but I do know what it is like to face losing more than a hundred pounds. I always found it better to look at the horizon, but to focus my mind on a set of small, achievable goals, which could be reached in a few days. In other words your next objective is to lose 3 pounds, while the aim is to lose more than 100. Then, when you achieve the 3 pounds, you have something to celebrate. If you wait for the 100+ achievement, you may have a very long wait. When I was at the starting-out stage, I made a weekly feature of celebrating another 3 pounds lost, or whatever it happened to be. You stray from the path sometimes, but all you have to do then is re-lose it. After a while you try and stop having to repeat the process...such a waste of time and effort. Having said that, I have seesawed a bit myself in the central patch, but am now back on track with the same weekly objectives as at the beginning. I think you may find, with the diabetes, that a low-carb diet, and the weight it loses, will both ameliorate the condition. By the time you reach your target, the condition will possibly have gone..? Anyway, good luck, keep up a steady plod, and you'll do it.