View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 16:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I've been expiriminting with one of my holiday recipes. Making it low carb.
Every year at Christmas I make Mocha Truffles. Well the regular recipe uses Chocolate Chips in the filling and as the Chocolate coating on the outside, So I went to the store and got some Bakers unsweetened chocolate and went to expirimenting. I think I have it right. THey are real rich and are a very dark chocolate for those that love that dark chocolate. Anyway here is what I came up with.

Mocha Truffles Low Carb

Filling:
6 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
2 teasp butter
16 Pkts Splenda
1/2 teasp water
4oz Cream Cheese softened
1 T Instant Coffee Granules

Coating:
3 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
1 teasp Butter
8 Pkts Splanda

In a microwave safe bowl melt Chocolate and Butter Stir together. Add Splenda Stirring then add Cream Cheese, Coffee and water; mix well. Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1 inch balls. Melt Chocolate in microwave with butter stir in Splenda and dip balls in coating and place on waxed paper to harden.

Note: Truffles can be frozen for several months before dipping in chocolate. Thaw in refrigerator before dipping.

Hope you enjoy them!

Woooo I just tried one of these truffles . they are real chocolatey and still a mite bit bitter but good! Maybe a little more Splenda. THough I could eat the whole batch the way they are. One could sure get rid of a Chocolate craving!!