View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 20:36
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default How much of a role does genetics have in weight?

I'm really upset. We had dinner at my aunt and uncle's house. He's very beligerent, the type that will do anything to win an argument. We don't see them very often because of that. I refused the potatoes, the bread, the dessert. He asked if I was on another diet. He said it in a really snarky tone of voice.
I tried to steer the conversation in another direction and just said I have to stay away from high carb foods but he just went on and on. He wouldn't shut up!
He said I'll never be thin because my dad was heavy and mom and my sister are heavy, too, and it's all in the genes. Is it? Is he right? Am I doomed to be fat because of genetics? He's my mom's brother and he's thin. Their parents were thin.
I've let him get the best of me before. One time we went to a restaurant with them. They knew I was on a diet but on the way home they stopped at a dairy barn for ice cream. Everyone stood outside eating their ice cream and I had nothing.......when we got home I ate and I wasn't even hungry. I'm not gonna let him do that again. I found a picture of him, pasted his words on it ...... you'll never be thin, it's all in the genes....and stuck it on a mirror. That's going to be my #1 incentive. I don't say this about many people but I hate him.
Leigh
Sponsored Links