View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 15:04
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I ment the last part as a joke. I didn't think about it until later and the fact jokes odn't carry well online, so please don't anyone get mad for it, I ment no harm just some light heartedness.

Liver problems can happen when higher fat is eaten with alcohol. (Or any thing eaten) Alcohol is much easier to convert to keotenes then fat, so your body will do that first. Anything eaten during that time will just be stored for later use. The problem is some of that is stored in the liver. A steady stream of alcohol and fat build up can lead to excess fatty tissues in the liver and cause liver problems down the road. If someone is drinking heavily on a regular basis and eating fats, then they will experience live rproblems, regardless of carbs in diet.

Part of the problem though is there are some doctors who are so biased against low carbing they will blame all health conditions on this WOE and completely ignore health history, bad habits such as smoking or drinking, factors such as suppliments and water consumption and so on. I think there are even some doctors who would blame a car crash on Atkins (he was just so dizzy and unable to concentrate from lack of carbs he swearved into oncoming traffic resulting in the accident.)