#45   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 10:58
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile

I am super inspired! You guys are great ... Logging on this morning, I read through everyone's postings and felt a wonderful glow. I feel honored to be Challenging along side you wonderful folks. Thanks to you all for being a part of this thread and adding your energy!

Week One Review…
I will do my FAP workout 4+ times (Done Everyday, instead)
I will do squat sits 10+ each day (Done, 15 on M, W, F)
I will use strap on weights 4+ days (Done)
I will stretch before and after exercise (Done)

I have had a minor setback. After many weeks of doing low impact walk-aerobics, I’m suddenly having problems. The balls of my feet feel really bruised and my toes are swelling up post exercise. Now a smart person would say it’s time to get new shoes, but since I haven’t been wearing shoes all along, I’m curious as to why this would be happening now. It could just be my funny type of arthritis, but I’m going to have to break down and just buy a pair of sneakers to help cushion my feet and see if that’ll help.

Anyone have a similar experience and can shed some light?

Week Two Goals...
Same as Week One since I don’t feel ready to commit to more right now.

Extra Credit
Describe your favorite exercise and why you like it.

I almost said swim, but my favorite exercise is just to flail around in the water. That doesn’t sound very poetic, but I feel so graceful and fluid, like a weightless ballerina. I can make my muscles work instead of joints and tendons, so I feel strong and powerful. When I win the 44 million dollar lottery this weekend, putting in a small pool will be high on my list of ‘things to do’!

You know, if I DO win, I’m taking all us Challengers on one of those Low Carb Cruises. Wouldn’t that just be fabulous??

Take care my friends! May your week be wonderful and filled with fitness ...

Lilly! Welcome to the Challenge and Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I’m so pleased you’re here and look forward to hearing about your journey ... (You and Lisa (Stardust) may have to start a pregnancy sub-thread for the TDC Fitness Challenge!)

Cara ~ Our honorary escapee from the rubber room! I’m so glad you joined us again ... It’s not just the woman at Curves, I’m encouraged by your presence, too!

Barry ~ Jeez Louise!! 3” off your waist in 9 days?!! That is amazing. Your progress is totally inspiring. You Go, Dude!!

Atkins4myW ~ I’m glad you’re okay! Having a treadmill throw you can be really dangerous, especially when you’re going at a good clip. Thanks for passing on the flax info. I make a spice muffin with flax ... I’m going to make them savory instead of sweet and add some celery / onions, more later when I mix with broth. What do you think? BTW, do you have an idea of how much Omega3 is in flax meal?

Jude ~ Happy Holidays! Sounds like you’ve done a great job combining home life and fitness. I hope you’re feeling psyched for the season ...

Marty ~ My Goodness, you are doing so well!! That’s some serious activity you reported in on. I notice you walked 3.4 miles before breakfast on Saturday and had some sore feet and knee twinges. On the days where that same mileage is walked (like Sunday and Tuesday), but at two different times, do you notice less pain? I did last summer. The only way I could add more time and distance was by breaking my workouts into two times per day. Eventually I’ve gotten strong enough to triple the time I’m able to stay on my feet. I bet the same will be true for you, too.

Lisa ~ Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I’m so glad you’re with us, doubly glad you’re going to take it easy so you’ll have a healthy year.

{{MisterE}} ~ Not everyone knows the joys of leaving pain meds behind, but I do. I was taking 60 mg of Oxycontin daily for almost 3 years when I quit last December. I worried a bit about whether I’d ever lift my head off the pillow again, but it’s been such a blessing. I’m sending my best wishes that your leg will not give you a whole lot of trouble during this period of adjustment and that Santa’s gonna bring you everything you’re hoping for!

Julie ~ Oh No! Another Challenger beamed away! Great job staying cheat free while under super stress, however!