View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 10:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

But, the question that remains is: Are people seeing that carboydrates are bad, or is that an after-effect. In other words, I believe people do Atkins, et al, to lose weight, not because they suddenly realize that carboydrates are not good for them. At least, this was the case for me and from my readings here, for others as well. Learning that carboydrates aren't necessarily a good thing, particularly refined and processed carby-foods, comes after you experience results and get passed the initial carb cravings.

Large corporations care about one thing, and one thing only - the bottom line. They are accountable to their shareholders, and if the preferred stockholders aren't getting dividends, the board may be voted out. Does Pfizer REALLY care that millions of men can now lead sexually active lives? I doubt it. Do they care that their sales increased by $4 billion? Absolutely.

I'm just glad I got in on the bottom floor and I realized that the only way to be successful in my eating habits is to eat only those things that are unprocessed and whole.

As for the low-carb eating public... well, given how popular low-fat foods are, I'm sure low-carb foods will be very popular. We are also in a different world in a consumerism sense than in the 80s and even early 90s. Corporations realize that "fad" or "popular" trends are easy to cash in on, and they are starting to jump on it faster.