View Single Post
  #639   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

fair enough. i thought you were claiming i was overweight. the get-up-and-go i was claiming was due to VIGOROUS CARDIO, not to weightlifting. very few people are in anaerobic phase for any length of time, while weightlifting, and are probably burning fat during most of that interval.

weightlifting is a good thing, in that it helps with our muscular and skeletal systems. but cardio is 10 times more important, as it gets right down to the cellular level. every cell in the body, except red blood cells, if i recall correctly, has mitochondria busily spewing out energy for us. in order to give us lots of energy, those cells have to have the needed ingredients coming from good diets, healthy machinery inside to manufacture, healthy membrane walls for ingress/egress, and an efficient blood stream to deliver this energy. all in all, the best indicator of overall health, since so much has to be working at high efficiency, if you want good results.

also, "burning fat while exercising" is meaningless, and just something that trainers say because it makes them appear knowledgeable. it makes no difference what fuel is being burned during exercise, in regards to the amount of fat we will ultimately have on our body, as long as it is carbs or adipose fat, and not protein or essential fats. the main thing is to have enough carbs readily available during exercise, as there will always be enough fat, unless one has gone into anorexic/starvation mode.

one thing i would like to mention for people, because it is a source of frustration for many, is the following:

our optimal fat/muscle is largely regulated by our hormones. our diet allows us to reach our optimal level, but not to exceed it. the higher our natural estrogen levels are, the more fat cells we had added before puberty, and thusly the more fat we will have. likewise, the higher our testosterone is, the more muscle we can make. this is why body builders take steroids, which are just testosterone-derivatives. but going against how our bodies are designed to work, is not an advisable thing, in terms of our health. so, DO NOT LET THE MIRROR dictate what your final outcome is, but rather YOUR HEALTH.