View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 07:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thank you everyone for all of your responses.

"I just want it all gone but looks like I've months more to go..."

I can relate to that. I enjoyed reading what everyone said, thanks for all the advice. Sango, yes, I have done some cheating here and there. The good news is the longer I am LCing the fewer and further between the cheats are. It gets easier. If I can give any advice on cheating it would be 1st try not to do it, if your cravings are for sweets buy low carb candy instead. 2nd if you do cheat do it in one setting rather than saying to yourself "I already cheated so I might as well eat EVERYTHING I want" that philosophy led me to falling off the wagon last time I was on Atkins. If you cheat eat only the item you want so bad and be done with it. The less carbs the better. One time I was out with some friends and we were near this Hagan Daaz ice cream parlor and I really wanted something so I got a 2 scoop sundae with the works. It set me off for a few days but I got past it. Before this woe I ate anything I wanted all the time - a sugar/junk food addict, uncontrollable. I am good now and since I still like sweets I buy lc candy and eat some sometimes and I eat the chocolate nutrition bars (Strive chocolate raspberry and Deluxe S'mores from Trader Joe's). Now...get this...I didn't even cheat on Thanksgiving. I may have had a few extra carbs that day but I wouldn't call it a cheat. See I am getting better and better at it. But, the next day I had 4 chocolate chip cookies in one setting and I didn't gain. I think the smaller the cheats are the better off you will be. Last time I did Atkins if I cheated I would cheat for the rest of the day since I already "blew it" which led me to go off completely after a few days. Don't do that! Just try your hardest and you will get better at it.