Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 05:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymeejet
if i had a 100 years to sit at the computer, i could continue posting articles, but hopefully i got my point across, and why i would not consider restricting my carbs to the lc-levels - I COULD NOT EXERCISE TO THE SAME LEVEL OF INTENSITY, AND THUSLY THE SAME LEVEL OF FITNESS
********WITHOUT CARBOHYDRATES********

something i have spent my entire life doing, so know a thing or two about it.

So, you spent your whole life mislead, but it's never too late to educate yourself. This may explain why, if you spent your whole life bodybuilding, you're still at 160 lbs. You might try to do it the right way and follow CKD or other professional bodybuilding nutrition.

There are hundreds of "articles" saying anything you want them to say, as believe it or not, you're not the only pro-sugar person in the world. That doesn't make them textbooks. Sugar addictions is a growing epedemic, thanks to the sugar association and the food pyramid, the source of most of these opinions.

When someone tells you sugar is preferred fuel for anabolic workout, it has nothing to do with the brain, unless you think the brain is a muscle that needs to do anarobic workout, which won't surprise me if that's what you think.

But let's assume your quoted article is correct.

It only means that some professional body builders may need sugar, not the average person. This in contrast to your assertions that only diabeics should control their carbs. The average person is not a bodybuilder dedicating their whole life to pumping iron.

Wa'il