View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 18:07

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Day 2 of Lean for Life weight-loss menus.

Breakfast: protein powder shake, 1/4 cup half-and-half, 1/2 cup grapefruit sections
Snack: 6 ounces plain non-fat yogurt
Lunch: 2 cups spinach, 3 ounces turkey breast, 2 Tbsp fat-free no-carb dressing, 1/2 cup beets, 2/3 cup blackberries
Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Dinner: 4 ounces steak, 1 cup green beans, 1 pat butter, 2 cups spinach, 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing (full fat), 1/2 apple
Snack: eggnog (Eggbeaters, half-and-half, water, Splenda, nutmeg)

I plan to have the "eggnog" later this evening and don't know the counts yet because I've never made it before. Ideas?

So, without the eggnog, my counts are:
calories: 1068
fat: 38 grams (35%)
ECC: 55 grams (22%) WOW!
protein: 105 grams (43%)

I'm a little nervous with the higher carb count, but then again so was Wendy at this point and we all know that she had amazing success with this. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow morning. With Lean for Life, you're supposed to weigh yourself every day. We'll see how long I can keep that up without going crazy!

THE BOWFLEX ARRIVED TODAY!

Good thing we live way out in the boonies because they just left the three huge boxes on the front porch. Also a good thing it's not raining today, and also a good thing DH is coming home tonight. There's no way I could lift even the smallest box. It's not that it's so heavy, but it's awkward -- about 4 feet long, and 18 inches square on the ends.

Lissette, how's that "count down carb" milk? Our grocery store is carrying it, but I've never been much of a milk drinker (except when I used to eat cereal and cake and cookies every day). I'll bet it would be good in the eggnog I want to make.

What do you think about this combination: 1/4 cup Eggbeaters (equivalent of 1 egg), 1/4 cup half-and-half, 1/4 cup water, Splenda to taste, and a sprinkle of nutmeg on the top. (When I slip in the dark rum, everyone turn their heads, please!) I guess I could try that and see what it needs. Think maybe it could use a hint of vanilla extract?

Every time someone posts that cottage cheese chocolate pudding recipe from Yeti Claus, I want to try it. I might slip out to Wally World tomorrow (haven't been there in months) and buy one of those immersion blenders. Someone at work today was also talking about how much better her morning coffee tastes when she puts the tap (well) water into a Britta water filter carafe first. We also have well water, but there's no weird taste or anything. Even the city folk who come visit have been pleasantly surprised that our water is so good. Anyone have experience with these carafes?