View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/205/175 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Carbs seem to have varying levels as to how much it goes against you in terms of weight gain. I've disovered I have a pretty high tolerance for carbs, as I found out in October when I went back to Alabama for my Brothers wedding. Of course, as most people from the south will tell you, there isn't much if anything in the way of low carbing in the deep south. So, I just ate what the natives ate. I did not eat sweets (with the exception of the wedding cake and whatnot), and stayed away from non-diet soda. But I did have bread, potatoes, macaroni, ect. I actually lost about 6 pounds during the 10 day stay. and recently, I was on the road in cali for 3 weeks for work. Diners being pretty much mine and my cooworkers only souce of food, The low carb selections were 0. So, I ate pretty much as if I wasn't on Atkins. Though again, no sweets, no sugar-cola. I didn't lose any weight, but gained none either. Now i'm back home, and Atkins is restarted as normal. Maby I'm just one of the lucky ones.