View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 14:31

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

My best friend of 17 years barely talks to me now. She has declared Atkins doesn't work and that no one (me?) can live forever without carbs. She tried LCing for about 10 days after I lost my first 15 pounds. She has a lot more than me to lose. I told her to read the book but she didn't. Just went to Wal-Mart and bought every frankenfood on the market. Spent a bundle so her first complaint was that low carb was way too expensive. Next, the food was terrible. She was trying to eat a "normal" diet. Fake pasta, fake chips, stuff I've never tried to this day. Quit because she was sooo tired. Anyway, she said she could never live like "that". She also declared that she MUST have a desert when she goes out. Everyone needs a treat now and then. (Which I have a couple of times a week - homemade cookies, sf candy or lc ice cream)

Barely talks to me now and I NEVER mention my weight loss or what we eat. Still, she is avoiding me. Never believed me back in May when I told her to read the book and give this woe a chance. I can go out and not NEED or even desire a desert. I am sitting next to a gigantic bowl of candy, lots of Dove and Perguina, that my officemate brought in. Nothing. No drool coming out of my mouth. I would have made myself sick by now eating this candy before I started LCing. Just like I did at Easter, which is what convinced me I was out of control and needed to stop being a carb junkie. Well, you folks believe me even if she doesn't.

I sure do miss her. This is her problem though, not mine.