#9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 08:27
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Quote:
I'm sure not everyone is as pessimistic as I am. For some reason, since starting this WOL I don't trust food that I haven't prepared.

I trust the counts the restaurants are giving and no doubt in my mind that they are doing it for the money, but if it helps me stick to a plan or enjoy it more while I am out, giving me more options I think its a great thing.

Fact is there IS a lot of money to be made here because more and more people are low carbing and I dont hold it against any company for trying to take advantage of it.

I, for one, totally appreciate what Ruby Tuesday did. I think the research and taking a step up and trying to break the stigma that LC is bad for you and helping promote it is better for me and my WOE. Granted they still have a few quirks but they are trying to do something which is more than I can say for most places.

Hopefully more places will jump on and more will understand the benefits of it.

As for trusting food I havent prepared myself... I am like that to a degree where I dont trust non LCers (family members) to make anything for me simply because I am so paranoid about getting things exact.. making sure I use spices that dont have sugar added or just watching ingredients and I dont think that someone else will be that careful and I want the added security of making it myslef... plus it usually comes out better when I make it myself lol. That said, I do trust restaurants to make things correctly because they are trained to do things a certain way and do have some sort of understanding of different menus etc.

I am very happy that Fridays is getting on board and I will make a point of checking it out when they do for that reason.

MJ