View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 04:33

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Kyla,

One thing I would suggest is that you go back and take another look at the Carb Addicts test. Make sure that you are answering the questions the way you would have before you were on a low carb program. Really think back to how you felt before your Atkins days. I know if I was to do it now my answers would seem very different to what they were before I started. It is just a thought. Also, there is a longer more detailed version of the test in the CAD book.

Part of the beauty of CAD is that you don't have to count anything, including carbs. You just keep your first one or two meals of the day ultra-low-carb,eating only foods on the allowed list, and then enjoy a balanced reward meal. Like Deb said, it is so nice to be able to enjoy a meal with your family, not cooking special stuff all the time. And being able to enjoy some of your favourite carb foods really makes this diet easy to stick to. It is the first time I have ever had any lasting success with a diet. I would always always give into to the carb cravings, sooner or later.

Good luck
Tracy