#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 15:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/159 Male 66 inches
BF:33/23/14
Progress: 70%
Default Home from the hospital

Hi folks, I came home from the hospital yesterday, where I had the great experience of having my arteries cleaned. I started having some pain Wednesday night and went to the emergency room. After 6 hours, I was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for arterial catheterization and baloon treatment.
Now, all of this happened following a loss of thirty pounds and a dramatic lowering of my cholesterol levels. My lipid profile looks very good except a slightly low HDL number.
I am sure that the doctors who performed the surgery were very good. The surgery went well and the chest pains are gone. But, for the four days in the hospital, I felt like a soldier caught behind enemy lines. Even though I am a diabetic, the hospital meals were carbohydrate laden, with bread and fruits, etc.
I didn't feel very much like arguing with the hospital food services, and/or the dieticians, so I just decided to eat what they brought and get back on track when I came home. I have been low carbing for about 4 months now, and this was my first cheat!! My blood sugars were usually 180-200 while in the hospital. Today, I have them back down to 100.
I wish I had started this WOE several years ago. Maybe I could have avoided this problem. Now it is going to be a hassle when people tell me that they knew this diet would kill me.
By the way, I read some old posts when I first came home, to see if anyone else was in my situation. MTNNEAR, if you read this, please let me know how you're doing now.

Thanks for listening,
Johnie
Sponsored Links