View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/180.5/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I don't have a clue about the gall bladder problem. My sister had hers out in 1989. She is a low carber and I've never heard of her having any problems at all so I don't think this has even crossed her mind. There are 3 girls in our family and all 3 of us are now low-carbers after seeing the success of my older sister.

As for Slim Fast! I've tried it several times in my life with no success at all. This last time was right before I decided to try my sister's diet of low carbing. I stayed with Slim Fast for 2 weeks and I had the shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and a balanced dinner of mostly chicken minus skin and veggies. After 2 whole weeks of that I had lost 3 whole ounces so I gave up. The resulting hunger was horrendous! Now I understand the carbs in those shakes were more than enough to keep that weight packed on and I'll never use it again. I still have some in the fridge that I need to throw out. Slim fast is only a gimmick in my opinion. I've never tried weight watchers or Jenny Craig because I'm not rich enough to follow those diets. Atkins is the way I'll go for the rest of my life. Sure, I mess up now and then but then I get myself right back on it. I would suggest the same thing the others did and try to find a fat intake level that agrees with you instead of switching to those expensive other diets. Good luck!