#28   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 01:53
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Smile Howdy Folks!

I’m so impressed by this great group of Challengers! There is an amazing diversity of people and programs here... I have to admit, I LOVED reading everyone’s Extra Credit answers. So often I felt myself agreeing along with you, inspired by your answers. So many great reasons to do this, huh?

I always get so excited at the start of any Challenge, the infusion of energy I get here can power me through the tough times when I‘d rather quit. I thank all of you for being here, participating and sharing your thoughts and goals with us all!

I’ll have less internet access here for the next few months, so I’ll just be checking in on Fridays. Until then, I wish you all a very healthy week!!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Welcome Back GreenEyezz ... Love the chart of the fridge! Motivation to keep making those good choices!

Welcome Barry ~ I look forward to seeing your progress on BFL. It seems to bring great results to it‘s followers!

Marie ~ First off, welcome! Second, a big {{hug}} to you and all the other folks out there with very full lives. You should give yourself credit for the exercise that your lifestyle already gives you ... it can’t be easy being a Mom, keeping house and running after kindergarteners all day. The biking with your son sounds great! I have a suggestion, though, if you can stand the idea of getting up a few minutes earlier: You could add an exercise tape to your day. I’ve been sold on those Walk Away the Pounds DVD’s ... you can do a 1 mile walk in 20 minutes. Just don’t get down on yourself for not doing as some of our fellow challengers or set yourself up for failure by thinking you can do more than your schedule allows!

Marty ~ It’s great to see you again, and I look forward to hearing more about your fitness journey!

Bjuba ~ Welcome! Those are some serious inches gone! Congratulations ...

Atkins4myW ~ Welcome back! I’ve got to ask you about your dressing, Queen O’ Flax ...

Julie ~ Welcome to you! I liked your ‘Christmas Shopping’ exercise benefit!

Kelly ~ Welcome to the Challenge! Good for you making your goals achievable with your schedule.

Mary ~ Welcome back! Are you making protein bars? If so, I’d love your recipe!

Jude ~ Welcome! There sure are a lot of women who love Curves, have you been going for a while? Also - you’ll have to give us a review of how you liked the WAP workout. I’m a convert, so I hope you enjoy it, too!

Liz ~ I hope you don’t get beamed away this time, either! Welcome back!

Lynn / ncwingnut ~ Welcome! I’m glad you’ve joined the Challenge ...

Crysania ~ Welcome back, my tall friend! I hope you’re getting settled and the essentials have started to re-surface!

Teresa ~ Welcome back, Challenger! I look forward spending more time with your shrinking, stronger and more-energized self!

Nikki ~ I’m glad to hear you’re going to take tender, loving care of your recovering back. Welcome back!

Lynn / JstPeachi ~ You’re so sweet, I swear you could swell a girl’s head. I was thinking about you just this morning ... I switched my strap-on weights from wrists to ankles* and got a more intense, good burn workout. I was really feeling the strain in my shoulder from using them on my wrist, but I loved the added intensity. How can we add some extra weights for our upper body without stressing the joints? I need more than just one head to figuring this one out ... What do you think?

***Edited to add ... Oops! I just learned that using ankle weights while walking is a really bad idea. I read an article that says Walking With Weights can damage your knees. No 'good burn' is worth injury!