Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 00:12
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerguy
How successfully you women frame the discussion in terms of the chauvinist jerk husband vs. the helplessly overweight wife! Are these the things they taught you when they pulled you aside in gym class? Torching your straw men isn't worth the flames that would ensue.

The reality is quite simple: being fat is not acceptable (not even with the 'to have and to hold' poppycock so readily being bandied about as an excuse for fat-assery). When people learn this, perhaps they will de-chunkify and start living happier lives. I know I have

No amount of verbal abuse will make someone change for the better. People change when they want to, for themselves, end of story.

Hey, I do think "Candy" should lose weight, don't get me wrong, but I do not think she should have some perfect unrealistic ideal in her mind, and I do not think she should change only to appease others.

Remember people the goal at hand is good health, it is not to fit in with lame a** "society", and it is not to please some jerk guy, girl, or anyone else but yourself.