View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 09:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Very interesting discussion. I too ate about 45 carbs and lots of cals for the last 2 days. I DID NOT like that full feeling either! You are right, it will be hard and there are soooo many factors! I'm hoping, just like we learned to live with induction -- we will also learn to live with maintenance. Induction was hard at first too. But after a few weeks we learned new recipes, got used to our limits and then it was totally livable.

I think I big factor is the mindset. This is a WOE not a diet we go "off' of. I've gone off diets in the past and gained rather quickly. I hope moving through OWL (and taking practice runs on holidays) will help us learn.

I've recently gone through a slow bout of weight loss. 4 weeks nothing, lost a pound or so and then another 3 week dry spell. I've been trying to add a few more carbs taking the same advice of sometimes more carbs gets things moving. It's too early to tell but I think it may be working. I've lost a few pounds in the last few weeks so I'm hoping it continues.

Good luck on your journey through OWL and maintenance. I'm not sure how it will all work out but I believe taking it slow, it will work out.