View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 05:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%
Default Protein Power Pals--Sticking to it Saturday, Nov. 29

Good morning all! Once again it's 6 am and I am not sleeping in. Of course this is always how it is following a protein day. I never sleep too soundly after one for some reason. This morning I weighed in at 149, which is 0.5 lb down from my lowest. The protein day has never failed me. Every week it has shown a loss on the scale, and the loss has always stuck. I need to go find some wood to knock on right now I'm still in shock daily when I step on the scale, thinking that one of these days I will wake up and be my former self. It's relaly only in the last couple weeks that I've really begun to "see" the differences. Yes, most of my old clothes hang on me, but that still didn't convince me. The biggies have been my dad and sister making comments about my weightloss, b/c they have always been the most skeptical of my eating LC from the start. Finally, I feel like I have some proof that what I am doing is worth my time. Too bad it took me over 2 years to figure it out. The other biggie for me was on Thanksgiving. My mom has a new digital camera. When I was a child, I was unusually photogenic. For the last 6 years or so, that changed once I got heavier. It was rare that I took a good, flattering picture. The one that you guys have seen of me was an exception. I was caught at a flattering angle, but most pics didn't look good. So anyway, mom took a bunch of pics of us on Thanksgiving, and I was surprised to see that I liked what I saw in the picture. I think that is the real test, liking photographs of you. It's funny how mirrors seem to lie b/c you see the same thing day in and day out. But photos seem to show you as you really are. You can't ignore your fatness if you are fat. That was a very big deal for me.

So today begins a new round of weightloss, with calories planned at 1200 for the next 3 weeks. My goal is to lose 5 lb this round.

Elaine-How's it all going? I would really recommend doing the 3 pure protein days. You will be amazed how you have to force yourself to eat after them.

Good morning to everyone else. I will try to check in later!
Sponsored Links