View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 03:26

Plan: CALP/Schwarzbien
Stats: 212.5/192/172.5 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 51%

I am now experimenting with this very thing. I am trying to maintain my weight through the winter/holiday period. This is the time of year that I usually gain weight, so maintaining successfully is my plan for this time of the year. So far I have maintained my weight at 190 for a few weeks. I have added some starchy carbs, and have eaten some lower fat options. But still have eggs nearly every day, and bacon or sausages 3 days a week. I eat cheese regularly and also macadamia nut/cashew butter. Also eat lots of veggies, some fruit each day. Overall I have just reduced my fat intake a tiny bit to 50 or 60 grms/day and increased carbs to 100 or so grams a day.

If you are on atkins, you are probably shocked by my high carb count, but on Schwarzbein, my plan was already at 75/80 carbs a day. Depending on what plan you are on, you should gradually add carbs until you start gaining weight, then readjust carbs/fat. Remember that it was a high carb/high fat diet is what got us all into this mess in the first place. As part of my maintenance, I have even been eating real sourdough french bread with real butter, not every day... But I have a normal serving and don't go overboard on the butter. This is part of a balanced diet based on protein and veggies.

Has anybody else been maintaining? I am also interested in what works/doesn't work for others. I am hoping to make it through the holidays, 3 birthdays, xmas, new years, and a cruise ...without gaining any weight. Can it be done?