View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 19:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Most low carb products are sub-standard, and extremely pricey, IMHO. You might be missing out on the convenience, but tastewise, I'd take a chicken drumstick over a low carb bar any day.

Oh, you hit the nail on the head! I buy a couple loaves of LC bread a month because the kids love making French toast with it. I can't stand the stuff! I attempted home-made LC dinner rolls yesterday and on my first attempt far surpassed the quality, texture and taste of the store-bought bread.

I bought one package of LC tortillas, haven't seen them in the store since. They're not bad, but not something I'd want to make a habit of eating--tortillas just aren't tortillas when they're made of whole grains.

We do buy the occasional LC ice cream (maybe one carton per month), Carb Countdown (big hit around here with kids who're LCing) and a box of RS dark chocolate candies.

Otherwise it's just ordinary whole foods for us. I'm not saying I would never buy some kind of quick thing like that to eat, it's just that I'd imagine it would cost at least $3.50 and for $2.00 I can go to Carl's Jr and get a good burger, protein wrapped.