View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 17:50

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

That was very well written and I largely agree!

But at 35 pounds from goal, after losing so much (very very big congratulations!!) maybe you should start progressing through OWL?

There are (many - do a search) posts on the maintenence board about the difficulty people have waiting to near goal before they up there carbs, and that they find they have an abnormally low CCL, and can't stop cheating. Going above 25 carbs need not be 'transition to maintenance' it can be continuing to lose!

If you are staying low because you are losing slowly, many say upping carbs helps them start to lose quicker.

I think you make some very good points about control and choice. I have reintroduced 1 food a week, and am now at '(lower-carb) bread week' which so far is much more difficult then strawberry week, yogurt week, etc!! Becuase I am still on a 'diet' not maintaining, I am not in a rush to eat 'normally' and overdo it..

I dunno, just my thoughts.

Oh, and I am in Australia so no Thanksgiving... but surely the whole Thanksigiving and Christmas being so close together thing must be difficult to the weight conscious!!