View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 13:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone! I'm back from MI. It went well, other than Gramma doesn't know who I am anymore. My dad kept showing her an old photo that has my sister and me (ages 4 and 2) with her and and my grandfather (now deceased). He kept asking her who the people were, and she kept pointing at the four-year-old me and saying that was her. My dad would then tell her that she was the grandmother and she would just laugh in disbelief.

I ate completely on plan yesterday. I'm so boring I had no desire for any indulgences. Just loaded up on turkey, salad and green beans. I spent most of the 8 hours in the car yesterday sleeping, so pretty much lost the whole day. Actually the day before was worse. Wednesday I was soooo tired from being up till 3 am with DMF (designated male friend) that I decided to lay down for a nap at around 4 pm. The next thing I knew it was 11 pm!!!! That was a 7 hour nap, which is more than I usually sleep straight during the night-time. Needless to say, I'm a bit messed up in my sleep patterns right now. This morning after all my extra sleep, I woke up bright and early at 5:45 and beat the mad rush by going grocery shopping extra early.

Today, day after Thanksgiving, my weight is still 149.5. Today I am doing a protein day. So my goal of maintaining this weight at 1450 calories worked. Tomorrow I am going to cut back calories again, but only to 1200 since I was still losing at that amount a couple weeks ago. I just don't have any desire to go down to 1000 again, and hopefully I won't need to. That was really hard, not b/c I was hungry, but b/c it was exhausting physically. I think I needed to go that low, though, at least for a little while, to get my body used to losing weight.

Elaine-You should not need the LFL book to do the Wendy Plan. I used it as a starting point, but I don't follow it really anymore. My plan currently is this:

-Start out by doing 1-3 protein days which consist of ~9 100-calorie servings of lean protein; this comes to 900-1000 calories, ~30g fat, ~30g carbs (primarily from cottage cheese and yogurt); no veggies on these days!
-Then you do 6 days of weightloss menus, which for me initially was 1000 calories, 50-60g carbs, 120g protein divided into 3 meals and 3 protein snacks per day
-Alternate the one protein day with 6 weighloss days for no more than 4 weeks

-Then you give your body a rest and do metabolic adjustment, which involves upping calories (mostly by adding fats) and carbs to raise metabolism and maintaining current weight
-I spent 3 weeks upping my calories by 150 per week:
week 1--1150 calories, 120g protein, 55g carbs
week 2--1300 calories, 120g protein, 60g carbs
week 3--1450 calories, 120g protein, 65g carbs
-I continued to do one protein day per week as described above
-Carbs are spread throughout day, but I do consume a slightly higher amount in the AM
-If at any point during metabolic adjustment you go 1.5 lbs above your lowest weight, eat only protein for dinners until it is lost

-You must weigh every morning

-That's the plan I used last round. This round I am only doing 1 protein day, not 3 to start, and only dropping to 1200 calories for weightloss, not 1000. At first it is really hard being that low, but the initial 3 days of protein really do curb your appetite. You just have to be faithful to them and give them the chance to work. I hope this is helpful, and feel free to ask more questions in the future. I just want to remind you that this isn't LFL. LFL focuses much more on adding carbs and not on adding fat. I have been able to get up pretty high on both, though, and am very happy with the current percentages. Yesterday I ate over 70g carbs with my 1450 calories, and I'm thinking once I get to maintennance I may be able to get as high as 100g. But if I don't, I won't be sad, b/c 70g is pretty darn liveable.

Hello to everyone else!