View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 12:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Everyone must have the day off work today. Nine posts by 1:00 EST!

I didn't go overboard yesterday. I ate the whole shebang, but not to excess. I still felt fine afterward. Then, around 1:00 am, I woke up feeling like my stomach had inflated to about 3 times its size! I felt so lousy, I got up and took a Pepcid, and I never do that.

Today has been a lighter day. For breakfast I had half an apple and a tablespoon of SF peanut butter. While out shopping, I bought two pieces of SF chocolate (a large peanut butter cup and a plain chocolate blob with nuts). I meant to eat one, but ended up eating both. Not very tasty, so I doubt I'll trouble myself to buy it again. No lunch yet. I'll probably grab a piece of turkey in a bit. No clue what supper will be. Guess I should start thinking about it. We'll be having the full turkey dinner again tomorrow night (WITH stuffing this time) before DH leaves for his business trip Sunday morning. I'll again have some of everything, but this time it will be more turkey and less of everything else.

I'm pretty sleepy this afternoon after shopping all morning. Everything's done, though, except for one 2-year-old. If anyone's interested, LL Bean has kid's snowshoes on sale for $29. I bought some and they look very rugged and easy to put on and take off. Their site is www.llbean.com.

I'll check back later. It's been rainy and nasty here, which I'm happy about because then at least the hunters will be miserable. I never mentioned it, but I'm opposed to hunting. I just don't think you should get pleasure out of killing something. I'm not looking for arguments, and won't enter into one. I know some of you hunt, or have loved ones who hunt. Also, I don't know why I have to go to the trouble and expense to post my land. It should be the other way around -- you can't hunt unless land is specifically posted to allow hunting. And it annoys the heck out of me that I have to take special precautions to be outside in my own backyard this time of year.

A few years ago, a woman in New Hampshire was in her back yard, just a few yards from her back door hanging laundry. She was wearing (gasp) white mittens and a hunter mistook her for a deer and shot and killed her. He got off with a slap on the wrist. It was mentioned over and over that she shouldn't have been wearing white mittens. Like it's her fault the stupid guy couldn't tell her from a four-legged animal.

Sorry. I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm just glad hunting season is over tomorrow.

Catch you later!