View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 10:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/158/135 Female 5'2
BF:A Lot
Progress: 49%

There were 29 people at my family's Thanksgiving celebration this year, so we were divided into three banquet tables. This meant that only 8 people questioned why I was eating turkey (we had regular, oven baked turkey and smoked turkey) and ham (smoked as well) with some salad and green beans only. I informed them that I was eating lowcarb and just got...strange looks. People kept offering me stuffing and such but I resited. I went and played football outside with my cousins after dinner so I would have no reason to even think about the 8 different pies and the chocolate cake that were there waiting to be eaten.

The only problem I DID have was those pumpkin shaped candy corn pieces. I probably had...10 of them. Oops! My addiction to sugar took over me and before I knew it I had to move the bowl, as they were on the table right in front of me. I did find a yummy appetizer, though. It's salami (not the best for you but won't break the LC trend, either) with a little cream cheese spread on top and then a peppercini on top of that. You roll the salami up so it looks like a burrito, put a toothpick through it and voila! It is yummy! I had a few of those while everyone else munched on crackers/chips and dips and candies before the meal.

Oh, and it seems the candy didn't kill my diet, as I use the ketone tensing strips and still show that I'm in ketosis. Also, even though Monday is my weekley weigh-in and measure day, I weighed today out of curiosity and lost 2 lbs! Yay! This is especially good since I lost no inches or pounds last week.