View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 07:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Truthfully, this is the primary reason I'm improving my health. At this time in life, sure it's easy to say I'm doing this "for my health," but it wouldn't be completely honest. Lately, I've realized that I'm doing this for one major reason - to become an equal in the job market. Being unemployed and underemployed for the last year has taught me an incredible lesson, and I wouldn't be honest if I said that in some part of my brain I didn't appreciate it. I am 24 years old and I learned an incredible lesson in credit, living wages, savings, etc...

Most importantly, I learned how petty and insignificant most people are. I've learned firsthand just how deeply resentful this society is towards obese and overweight people. I've also learned that there is no such thing as company loyalty because they will backstab you first chance they get if it means improving their earnings by $0.01.

Pessimistic? Yes. Realistic? Definitely.

Statistics show that thinner, taller, more attractive, well-groomed, and stronger people get more job offers, respect, etc... That's what I'm shooting for.

Egocentric? Yes. Necessary? Definitely.