View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 09:41
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I'm getting ready for the third TDC fitness challenge. Winter is on its way so I bought one of those hats that have holes for the eyes and mouth so I won't freeze, I have my workouts planned, I feel ready to follow through to the end and I'm motivated.

For this challenge I will try to increase my morning walks by slowly phasing out my evening walks on school nights. With work and school I'll be a little pressed for time after the new year.

My tennis shoes wore out and my feet were hurting so much I got a pair of hiking boots. They are really different than the shoes I'm used to because they have much more foot support and seem to help me walk instead making my feet hurt. Being heavier I should have realized earlier that a firmer shoe would be better than cheaper tennis shoes.

I told my DW I want a weight bench for xmas. I've been using dumbbells and a bench from the picnic table all summer. The bench sits in the hallway so my DW will be glad to see it go.

For this challenge I plan to lift light weights for 20 reps 3-4 times a week. The reason for high reps is to burn any stored glycogen in the muscles, which helps me to get into deeper ketosis. For me, I have noticed that a deeper ketosis reading corresponds to a faster and steadier weightloss. In the past I have used this to successfully break a stall.

Currently I've been walking 2.1 miles in the morning consistently, which is also my favorite time to workout. It will be a little challenging once my supervisor at work leaves and I take over his job, but I'm prepared to get up earlier in the morning so I can still get in my walk. I also like to go on a 1.35 mile walk in the evening but with winter and night classes coming up, I may let this slack a little.