View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 09:15

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

We haven't heard from Lissette in a day or so, I thought SHE had my tupperware! At least I know it's being put to good use.

I just popped three loaves of "Rich Low-Carb Pound Cake" in the oven. The batter was wonderful. The recipe is from the Eades' cookbook. I usually shy away from any recipe that calls for beating egg whites separately and then folding them in. Never had much luck. This came out well, though. It has a ton of ingredients, though: cream cheese, butter, eggs, heavy cream, whole-wheat flour, vital wheat gluetn, protein powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon extract, Splenda, and almond meal/flour. Phew! It has to bake for an hour and then cool before you can slice it.

The loaves are the small pans -- 3 x 6. They say to cut each loaf into 10 thick slices, and then each slice has 2.8 effective carbs and 3.9 grams of protein. Not bad! I have some frozen local strawberries that I'll thaw, and then top it all with whipped cream. I like light, lemony desserts like this. I won't tell DH it's low-carb, but he'll probably guess.

Interesting thing about the soy protein powder vs. whey protein powder. In the introduction, they say the jury's still out on the health risks of processed soy. They say naturally fermented soy products seem to be healthy. Anyway, they say you can substitute whey for soy powder. For every 1/4 cup of soy powder, instead use 1/3 cup of whey protein. They also said there might be a slight loss in texture.

I'll be back later to let you know how it turns out. Time to fix the stuffing.