View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 18:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

So sorry to hear that!

I am not on HRT, but since you haven't gotten many replies yet maybe this helps.

I know that taking synthetic hormones, even birth control pills, can really affect weight loss, not to mention increase cancer risk. What sort of HRT are you on? Perhaps you could get a prescription for a bioidentical version of estradiol, bioidentical progesterone is sold over the counter, and supplement with these in the proper dosages and that might help. Schwarzbein discusses the importance of using this kind of hormone in her books, especially SPII. Be aware that your fat cells can manufacture a certain amount of estrogen on their own. Supposedly the bioidentical hormones carry fewer side-effects (like WEIGHT GAIN) than the synthetic stuff doctors usually prescribe. Your doctor should be able to help you with dosages, I hope he/she is willing to work with you on these things. Thank God my mother finally found a decent (modern!) doctor who took her off Premarin; she feels great taking just the natural progesterone alone, and she has no ovaries at all left! I can't believe they actually give women mare's piss (sorry, rant!)