View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-08-01, 10:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Question Are Metabolife and/or L-Glysamine acceptable?

I have been doing the induction diet with no fiber for five days. Interestingly enough, I'm not yet in ketosis but have lost 3 lbs.

However, as per Atkins, I was not limiting myself on the allowable foods, but concentrating on what I ate. I haven't craved carbs, but I found I was actually consuming huge steaks many times a day, and was getting sick of my greasy kitchen and the smells. I have been running home from work, after stopping at the store for a roast chicken, and scarfing it down, and running back to work. It has been as if I'm not craving carbs, but meat...I've always been a meat lover anyway, and now I have permission to eat lots of it.

Anyways, I decided to look for l-glysamine to help, which I understand is good for alcohol, carb, and other cravings. Couldn't find it. I have looked for it and asked for it in several places to no avail.

During my search, I found Metabolife, which I recall my daughter using a few years ago to loose a tremendous amount of weight as it helped with cravings for food and provided energy. I am wondering if this is acceptable on a low carb diet, at least in the beginning.

(Also, speaking of energy, any normal exercise is out of the question for me right now, since my leg is in a cast.)

Thanks.
Sponsored Links