View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/184/140 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:lost track
Progress: 56%
Default TOM woes....

TOM Woes can be a trial. I used to see gains during this time and have learned to just stay off the scale. First reason why to avoid weighing is that you are hormonal. Who needs more stress in the midst of being unbalanced. Second, avoid weighing IF it bothers you so much to see a gain. It seems that we have this thought that we should be losing every single week, because of this new WOE. This just ain't gonna happen sweety!
I waited til after TOM was gone to weigh in. It wasn't worth looking at the scale before or during.
I agree with the others. You have to remain consistent with LC'ing. Going on a binge is going to stall you and therefore add to your distress. Get back on the wagon, get the ketosis going and stay the heck away from the scale during TOM!!! LOL!
You have already lost 60 pounds so I know that you can do this! What good is it going to do you to quit now when you have come so far. If I had quit back in March when I first fell off the wagon I wouldn't be 78 lbs lighter or probably MORE miserable than when I started. Give yourself a little credit and don't get discouraged. TOM woes isn't going to leave you completely until Menopause and then there will be a whole new set of issues to face. It's all the joy of being a woman.
I have found that since LC'ing that my PMS has gotten tons better. Hopefully, yours will too!
Hugs,
Tanya