View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 23:02

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

((((((((((((Nicckkii))))))))))

Congrats on the 60 pounds that is a great job you have done.
You need to have some faith that this WOL will work and keep working. i really wish Dr Atkins had been a girl because then he would have addressed TOM and the symptoms better for us.
You need to know that weight loss even by those following the Atkins WOL exactly isn't a linear downward drop. You will have days of loss and days with no movement and even the occasional upward weight gain days but overall the trend is downward if you follow the rules Dr Atkins gave you in your DANDR.

It reads like you have scale number phobia and you allow what a metal box controlled by the gravitational pull of the earth says effect how you feel about yourself. The cure is stay off the scales and allow your clothes. tapemeasure, and how you feel tell you how you are doing. Make friends with your tape measure and it will be your best pal when the scales torture you with their display.
You should especially stay off the scales during TOM since you know you will be gaining weight then. Use your tapemeasure to see all the inches of fat you have lost and don't worry about the pounds af water you are holding.
Me i don't have scale number phobia and can weigh all day long just to see what things do to my weight. Those that do have it should pick a day of the week for the official weigh in and ignore what it says the other days. You could even go to a monthly weigh in if you needed the bigger number. I have a friend who weighs in every 3 months so she can have a big loss. She uses her tapemeasure and clothes to tell her she is losing between weigh ins.
The pounds you regained will come off when your ketosis kicks in. Follow the induction menus to get back in ketosis and then resume your plan where you were before the 3 day binge. You can't take days off from your new WOL. this is a life long change for better health and weight management. It will work if you work it. Eat according to the plan as layed out in your DANDR, drink your water, take your needed supplements and do the mandatory daily exercise. When you are working all parts of Atkins the pounds will start moving in the right direction the way you'd like them to.
Happy low carbing to you.