View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 18:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Unhappy It's a Sad Day

Wadda ya mean no one has posted virtually all day??????????

Anyway, back to "It's a Sad Day."

OK, I admit it. I'm 48 years old. Things just don't work the way they used to. I've been wearing bifocal contact lenses for 2 years now. Three months ago at my yearly exam, he bumped my near vision up one notch (the far vision hasn't changed in something like 8 years).

The new contacts were worse than the old ones. With the new ones, I can see far away, the near vision is no better, but the middle vision (like the computer screen) is MUCH worse.

So today I stopped in to see my optometrist to explain my problem. I suggested that we go back to normal contacts that let me see distance, and that I deal with the near vision with reading glasses ( ).

He said that was fine. I absolutely love my new lenses. I can see distance even better than before. He also gave me some $14 reading glasses (1.25, so it's not really that strong). I've been wearing them on and off all day to read the computer screen and labels and such.

So now I can't see a darn thing close up without them!!!!!

Being the fashion slave that I am, I plan to stop tomorrow to pick up some funky reading glasses.

I'M GETTING OLD!!!!!!!

But I'm not going quietly, I can tell you that much! I've already started coloring and highlighting my hair (I have about 3 gray hairs). My mother passed away at 73 and she only had about 5 gray hairs, so I'm hoping I take after her.

A bawdy wench with gray hair and wrinkles is not my idea of fun. So just get that out of your head, Orang. NO PICS!!!

(sorry, I'm done with my rant now)