#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/319/165 Female 67 inches
BF:54.2/52/25
Progress: 23%
Unhappy I'm about to lose it!

I wonder when I'll stop losing the same 10-15 pounds. This last month I've lost a total of 10 lbs however I also gained that much and then some in the same month. I've spent the last 5 days losing some (not all) of what I gained during T O M.

What can I do to make the TOM weight gain less permanent and demoralising?

Let me explain, on the 4th day of TOM when I noticed that the scale had gone up by 4 lbs to 307 my mind went blank, twisted in upon itself and (shriek) (gasp) I announced to my hubby that I was taking a break from the Atkins WOE and proceeded to gorge myself on every imaginable high carb food I could find. Worse, I did that for 3 days and gained 10 more lbs (317). So here I am today having as of yesterday's weigh in lost 9 of the extra lbs, this morning I weigh in and having been perfectly legal (72% 24% 4% based on fitday) I'm up 2 lbs today. Yes I drank my water, in fact a little more than usual, could it be water retention?

I know 2lbs may not seem like much but I figured I would keep moving quickly back to my pre TOM weight or at least lose another lb. Isn't most of the gain I had supposed to be water? Zippo!! Nada! Nothing! Zilch! And my scale although it says that it does 1/2 lb increments on the box has never given me a 1/2 lb weight loss result ever and God knows this morning I needed something to keep me going.

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle (no pun intended). I know I shouldn't be ungrateful because I have lost almost 60 lbs but when will I lose some more? I'm still sooo fat!

I'm terribly sorry if I bring anyone else down with me but I'm close to the edge of an abyss today and hanging onto this WOE by a very thin thread.

Nicckkii

PS: I'm so miserable I actually changed the weight on my avatar from my pre Tanita scale weight to my REAL weight I was hoping to catch up with that weight (284) by Christmas but now...
Sponsored Links