View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 23:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155.5/147.5/126 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 27%

I was within a few pounds of goal this last spring when I quit smoking. I gained weight seemingly overnight! My doctor calmed me, she told me I was better off as a non-smoker, she said I could lose the weight again and that I would really be needing these lungs in the coming years...

A couple of months after quitting I started trying to diet the weight off. First, Atkins for 3 weeks - Not a pound came off! Then, I did a calorie-controlled low-fat diet - Again, not a pound came off. I hightailed it back to my doctor's office. She told me it would take at least 6 months for my metabolism to stabilize, until then my weight-loss efforts could be iffy. She suggested exercise (walking), enough calories to sustain my weight, plenty of protein and rest. I ended up gaining a couple more pounds but felt great.

Now, the weight is finally coming off! Not with lightening speed, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point. I am healthy. I am a non-smoker now (after 30 years of puffin'). I can exercise and not get so out of breath. I am losing weight too! Life is good...
Vicky