View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/169/160 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Wonderful starter

DH took us out to dinner last week - I was resolved to eating low carb and to resist temptation. So, on the menu was a starter called ??? that I chose to have in lieu of a soup or salad. It was a shrimp stuffed Anaheim chile and it was wonderful. My entree palled in comparison. Wonder if any of the gourmet cooks out there (I am not one) could suggest a recipe. I believe it was baked and that the shrimp were the little ones - called "bay" in my neck of the woods.
With two such simple LC ingredients, know the secret had to be in the spices/herbs. I do not recall that there was anything real saucy - similar to a non-battered chile rellano - but shrimp stuffed instead of cheese. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks/Suds

P.S. If you're curious, my entree was Osso Buco (sp?) which I dearly love with couscous which I ignored. The OB was overly drenched in a tomato sauce that I scraped off most of. No bread - but my big cheat was 3 glasses of cabernet over the course of the evening. I came home and surprised myself by tossing it all (I am definitely not anorexic or bulimic - it was a complete surprise). I have always had a cast iron stomach and wonder if after LCing for a month, the richness of the food was a shock to my system.
Sponsored Links