View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 15:56
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I couldn't begin to estimate this. I am spending money on Russell Stover sf candies, and seldom if ever bought candy before beginning this WOE. I'm hoping the novelty of that wears off. I usually buy it on sale. CVS drugstores in our area almost always have at least one weekly special on sf candy these days, along with almonds, macadamia nuts, and cashew nuts one sale. (their house brand). Today when I went there to buy macadamias on sale, I noticed that they now have a whole new line of CVS sf candies.

The one consistent thing I am now buying is the canned Atkins chocolate delight shakes. I buy them at GNC for 20% off the first seven days of each month. (in fact, Jason, the store owner, just called me on the phone to tell me that their first seven days of the month was beginning on Friday, November 28th, this month.....can you tell this store is having trouble making ends meet?) I don't really need the shakes this month, but I like Jason and would like the store to stay open as it is less than 2 miles from my house, so will probably buy some more.

So this amounts to an extra, and new to my budget, $35 or so a month. On the other hand, I was previously buying Slimfast canned shakes, so it balances out a bit.

I buy unsweetened ketchup, which is more expensive than the Heinz I used to buy. We've never used much ketchup; but I use it to make lc seafood sauce since we are now eating more shrimp.

Overall, my impression is that when someone first starts on this, they (read I) go overboard on buying rare and exotic foods (such as guar gum, almond flour, etc) But I've never used most of what I bought 8 months ago, and probably will never need it.

Never did like the lc bars I bought at the beginning. So cross that expense off my ongoing list.

Hopes this helps with your research,

Kay