Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 21:45
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel
Actually I always wondered why everyone is interested in "studies", but never seems to question the Atkins organization to provide feedback as to their long-term diet followers (or perhaps they have). After all, if the Atkins book has been out since 1972 (or whatever date...), there must be some history and data base that might show how many people have followed the diet for XX number of years, and what overall impact they've experienced with regards to their health.

Does the "Atkins organization" have that kind of information for anyone other than patients of Dr. Atkins or his associates? Of those patients, how many were much sicker than the average person doing this diet? I doubt the "Atkins organization" has much information on the average person following the diet, and in any case, data provided by the Atkins organization would be almost useless to any serious medical researcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel
At least, I'd have thought someone would have been interested in doing that... After all, if they could stand up with a sheet of paper saying that they have XXXXX people with 10/20/30 years on this lifestyle, then that certainly adds credance to it.

"Adding credence" is a job for marketers and salesmen, not researchers. If you want that sheet of paper, take it up with the Atkins organization.