Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknife
---------------------------------------
"While we're impressed with the weight loss of this diet, we still are not sure about the safety of it," Westman said. "More studies need to be done in order to be confident about the long-term safety of this type of diet."
----------------------------------------
They never mention what they mean by long term. Is it 5 years, 10 years, 50? I think it's just the fence rider's excuse to put off deciding on a controversial idea that goes against the popular idea of what we should eat.

More likely, it's an academic scientist's not wanting to be seen as an unpaid shill for something that, at the time this study came out, was widely seen as the dietary equivalent of cold fusion.
Quote:
Meanwhile those of us in the real world trenches fighting this battle have to suffer.

How does Dr. Westman's academic caution keep you from adhering to this diet?
Quote:
A few years ago this article would have made me worry about my health on a low carb diet. Now it just makes me angry with those people who would discredit the only WOE that has brought sanity to my life.

Again, when this study came out last year, it was the first independent study in years that SUPPORTED the things Dr. Atkins was saying all along. This was GOOD news.