View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 18:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

You know..it's interesting. Studies have shown that Asians who move to a Western country and begin adopting Western foods and activity levels quickly begin developing Western type diseases and within a generation or two, there is virtually no difference in the disease rates between them and the country that they have moved to.
In many Asian countries, it's not a matter of enjoying physical activity, they simply have no choice; it's their way of life there. Not enjoying physical education or jogging doesn't mean that they are not still physically active in other ways.
As for the noodles, dumplings, etc..., it's always been my understanding of Asian diets that these foods are usually reserved for celebrations and not part of the daily menu. One thing is fairly certain as well; they aren't consuming the average amount of carbs in a typical Western diet of 300+ grams per day either way.
We had this discussion a while back in the Research/Media Watch forum. I'll do a search and see if I can find you the link; it was very interesting.