#5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 14:06

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default argh, didn't work too well

Hi Homesar,

Well, that didn't go too well. I stayed on the fat fast for three days, during which I just felt more and more apathetic and chilly. Then I had to go do some fairly intense hiking, so that morning I broke the fast: had a good breakfast of eggs and bacon and brought some beef jerky (protein and a few carbs) for trail food - I was hoping with the extra exercise the higher protein would keep me going. Unfortunately by the end of the day I was feeling very weak, and I felt compelled to eat a nice cheeseburger (in a lettuce leaf of course) with some grilled onions. I was starting to have serious carb cravings - this is a first for me! I wonder if this had something to do with low blood sugar levels? So, back to induction! Now I feel normal again, but it took a few days.

I didn't lose any weight, btw. Isn't that weird? So I guess I'd better resign myself to just waiting this one out. My body is clearly refusing to lose right now. I'm thinking of trying to increase my carbs a little since I'm maintaining anyway, maybe my body is perceiving some kind of crisis happening.

BTW, as for my stats, I haven't lost 14 lbs since September - I actually started LC a year ago, and was 150 or so in September when I registered. I've been stalled since the end of September! Sheesh.