View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-03, 13:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For me franken food means I can't pronounce the ingredients on the lable, there is something added that shouldn't be, or there is something just scary on the lable.

Like the low carb bars or candy bars that say "minimal effect" on blood sugar. That is very different then no effect. Same with sugar alcohols that are sugar that has been altered by science. Also the fact they inject sugar and salt into fresh meats (why?), processed meats to where there is more chemicals then meat.

If I see a bake mix that is soy flour, gluten, and cocoa, then I don't think of that as a franken food because the ingredients are natural, even though it may be mimicing a normally high carb item.

That is my definition of frankenfood, but eating that way all the time would be very hard I do try to stick to whole fresh foods when I can, but anymore with addatives to meat and just living in the real world you get chemicals. Ther eare organic foods and meat with no processing, but I can't afford to eat like that all the time unforunetly.