View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 10:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default 138 AGAIN this morning....sigh....

Thanks, Wa'il and Doreen, you're probably both right. I think I've got past the point in working out where muscle building happens quickly, though I know I've put on a few pounds of muscle since mid-June, when I started. And I HAVE certainly shrunk, though it's hard to say if any of that shrinkage has happened this last three weeks or so. Despite all my whingeing, though, I'm still four pounds less today than I was a month ago, on August 6. I guess I was just hoping for more dramatic results during the course of the study.

And I think you're right, Doreen, about the stress, and the timing of my short (or not so short) stalls. That's the one thing about starting a new contract every few months, it's always a new job. I like the variety, but it does get stressful. The good news is, I'll settle into it soon. I imagine that whoosh will be coming, maybe not this weekend, but soon enough.

Well, I shall persevere until the end of the study, I certainly have nothing no lose by doing so (pun intended! ), and I'm establishing better eating habits than those I had before we started: fewer nuts and carby treats, more veggies, more mono and omega oils. That's gotta be good for something!