#8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 23:49

Plan: Straight Keto
Stats: 315/267/180 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachjen
I have a boyfriend who reassures me I am beautiful but whenever I am on top (if you know what I mean) I feel self-conscieous cuz my belly is showing and I know it isn't like those nice flat ones guys always see in magazines and tv. At least when I lay down it looks flatter! lol. But I need to be more confident but I also want to lose the belly. I have been with him for 4 years...I need to get over my fat. But it's what's inside of me that I am feeling and I don't think I can stop being self-conscious about it until I get it to be the way I want it to be.

No need to feel *more* self concious when you're on top, you are still you regardless. I know self conciuosness is hard to get over (I do much more preachin' than practicin' !!!!!) but obviously after 4 years you KNOW that being overweight or not means nothing in your relationship. We always see porches and Ferraris in magazines and TV too, but most of us drive chevy's or fords or toyotas and they're fine (there was no pun or double entendre intended, no matter how bad that sounded).

As for the self confidence coming back as we get thinner, yeah I guess I'm still waiting. I've been fat so long that I've pretty much never had ANY self confidence, even at stuff I'm good (or great) at. Someday . . .

Jeff